Equinade Pure Stockholm Tar 1L
- 100% pure genuine Swedish pine tar
- Packed it in its purest form
- Non-toxic and does not contain water, petroleum based chemicals or carcinogenic creosote
- Natural antiseptic action
- Helps to combat bacterial infections of the hoof and skin, including thrush
- Assists in the treatment of split hooves, split heels, cracks and corns
- Promotes a flexible and elastic hoof
- Great for making Soap, shampoo, animal dips and hoof applications.
- Sealing and preventing Infection of shearing wounds in Sheep
- Sealing after dehorning
- Sealing exposed branches after pruning
Since the 1400s, the best tar in the world has come from the dense pine forests inStockholm, Sweden.
Stockholm held a monopoly for selling pine tar and so the premium form of the product became known as "Stockholm Tar".
Substitute materials are marketed as Stockholm tar, but should not be used as a veterinary product.
Whilst black in colour, the substitute is a residue of charcoal production (poly phenolic liquor) which contains hazardous chemicals and up to 22% water. Coal tar is also used as a substitute which contains the toxic and hazardous benzopyrene (C2OH12).
This high quality pine tar is produced using closed kilns to extract the valuable sap, without toxic bi-products being produced e.g.; creosote.